Tuesday, April 30, 2013

To sum it all up

Now that this semester is officially over, I can say with confidence that participating in an internship is completely worth while. I encourage any student in Public History to dabble in as much as they can, even if it is not their " dream job". Throughout my time at the Florida Historical Society, I have learned that I don't necessarily want to be an Archivist per se; however I am lucky to have had the experience and it is only going to help me in the future. I had the opportunity to meet some really great people and learn a lot about different aspects of their daily jobs. I also learned where my areas of weakness were and ways in which I can work on them. Overall, the lessons I learned during this internship were vital and will last me throughout my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment