Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's the end already?

This week wraps up my time here at FHS working as an Archivist Assistant. I have gathered all the Native American related documents, maps and pictures I could within the time constraints of this semester. One of the things I have realized is that there is always something that can be done when organizing and caring for items in an archive. With that being said, I feel a strong level of accomplishment in the short period of time I was here. Throughout this internship, I realized that the work of an archivist is multi faceted. I really didn't grasp a full understanding of how demanding working in Public History can be. One does not only keep documents of historic value safe and available for researchers; but also works with the public promoting history and sparking the interest of the community as well. Public History is definitely where my passion lies and although the job outlook is bleak, I still hope to work in this rewarding field.
The rest of my time at FHS I am working on preparing my finding guide and presentation. I hope to continue volunteering my time with FHS and in turn, aiding the community of researchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment